Emergency Vet in Montgomery, AL
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Taylor Crossing Animal Hospital provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
Our animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Pet Emergencies
During business hours, we welcome pet emergencies at Taylor Crossing Animal Hospital and encourage you to call us as soon as you recognize your pet is in crisis. For all overnight hospitalized patients in our care, our live-in Veterinary Nurse will continuously monitor their condition. If problems arise with a hospitalized patient, our attending doctor will be notified.
If your pet suffers a medical emergency after regular business hours, call 334-260-8787 immediately. If you are unsure your pet's situation warrants an emergency visit, talk to our After Hours Triage Nurse first! Our Nurse will assess the emergency, contact a doctor with questions if necessary, and provide you with guidance and the next steps needed to care for your pet, as well as direct you to the nearest emergency clinic if your pet needs immediate medical attention. We refer our local emergencies to Carriage Hills Animal Hospital, but you can reach out to them without a referral if you believe your pet is in need of after-hours care.
We encourage you to contact the emergency clinic before your arrival to ensure there is a veterinarian on-site.
|VCA Carriage Hills Animal Hospital and Pet Resort|
3200 Eastern Blvd
Open 24/7 for Emergencies
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
At our emergency veterinary clinic, we offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Broken bone setting. We set broken bones for animals to help them heal quickly and properly. Your pet's veterinarian will also help relieve your pet's pain during the healing process.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office.
“Great staff, clean facility, and good prices. Staff is always friendly and greets my dog and me by name every time we walk in whether it’s for daycare or an appointment.”